Rosemary Nissen-Wade: Aussie poet and teacher of metaphysics – a personal view
My bestie nicknamed me SnakyPoet on her blog, and I liked it. (It began as
'the poet of the serpentine Northern Rivers' and became more and more abbreviated.)
If your comment doesn't immediately appear: Please note, I've been forced to moderate comments to discourage spam. As I live Down Under in the Southern Hemisphere, those of you Up Top might have to wait a while to see your comments appear. I may well be asleep when you read and post. Don't panic, nothing's gone wrong and you don't need to do anything – just wait. ______________________________________________________________

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

US Kath and Kim

We just looked at about 10 minutes of the American version of Kath and Kim.

Omg, I hope youse guys don't think THAT'S what we've been getting hysterical about over here for the last six years!

Unrecognisable and not even slightly funny.

2 comments:

  1. The Oz version of Kath and Kim aired on the Sundance Channel in the US. I LOVED it. LOVED it. The American version is shit. Period. On behalf of America, I apologize for taking a brilliant comedy and destroying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dear; handsomely said. :)

    It's satirical of course, so I'm glad to know a non-Aussie got it too. I think those responsible for the American version confused it with a sitcom.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after approval from blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.