Rosemary Nissen-Wade: Aussie poet and teacher of metaphysics – a personal view
My bestie nicknamed me SnakyPoet on her blog, and I liked it. (It began as
'the poet of the serpentine Northern Rivers' and became more and more abbreviated.)
If your comment doesn't immediately appear: Please note, I've been forced to moderate comments to discourage spam. As I live Down Under in the Southern Hemisphere, those of you Up Top might have to wait a while to see your comments appear. I may well be asleep when you read and post. Don't panic, nothing's gone wrong and you don't need to do anything – just wait. ______________________________________________________________

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Impressionable Teenagers Protected from Poetry

Poem removed from syllabus for reference to knife violence:
Guardian report

The poet's riposte:
Mrs Schofield's GCSE

An even more amusing response:
Education for Leisure

1 comment:

  1. Rosemary, thanks for this info. I believe censorship of any kind, however offensive anyone finds the art, is just plain WRONG. If we don't respect artists; more importantly, if the Powers That Be do not respect artists, we might as well be Nazi Germany. I feel that strongly about it - there was a documentary awhile back, name escapes me, but it was about how Hitler and co. used the arts as a means of building his power. Then once in high command, much artwork was destroyed and all you had were sculptures of "ideal Aryan men" (all nudes).

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after approval from blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.