Rosemary Nissen-Wade: Aussie poet and teacher of metaphysics – a personal view
My bestie nicknamed me SnakyPoet on her blog, and I liked it. (It began as
'the poet of the serpentine Northern Rivers' and became more and more abbreviated.)
If your comment doesn't immediately appear: Please note, I've been forced to moderate comments to discourage spam. As I live Down Under in the Southern Hemisphere, those of you Up Top might have to wait a while to see your comments appear. I may well be asleep when you read and post. Don't panic, nothing's gone wrong and you don't need to do anything – just wait. ______________________________________________________________

Monday, February 02, 2009

Disconnected

In case you're wondering why I'm so quiet, it's because we haven't yet had our internet connection relocated. It's 'in process' we're told. May take another two weeks yet. Exceedingly frustrating! Doing this on Neighbourhood Centre computer, where I've already spent too long today. Back soon, I hope.

4 comments:

  1. I remember that feeling! My sympathies! It's amazing how much we count on the Internet now, isn't it?

    Hope the move went well, and I hope you find yourselves connected again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry the Internet connection has been such a pain during the move. I hope you're getting lots of reading and writing done without it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you go about getting your book published?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noelle, I'm not sure the answer will be very helpful but I'm happy to tell you. I planned a chapbook to accompany my tour of Texas in 2006 as a guest of poetry festivals there. An acquaintance asked to see some of my work and expressed the opinion that my poems were "too good for a chapbook". He recommended a "new and selected". Turned out he had been a noted publisher. He was no longer in business but still owned the imprint and offered to lend it to me. He also found me a good printer. So I was very lucky.

    It's my third book. My first book was published by a cooperative of poets who invited me to join them; my second was self-published.

    It helps to become known and have a "following" before you seek book publication. I was widely published in literary magazines, and also did a lot of perfomance, before Pariah Press invited me to publish my first book with them.

    Now I am happy to reach people via my poetry blogs – but if you're at the beginning of your career, you would perhaps need to demonstrate to a publisher that your blogs get a wide readership. I think it would still help to seek magazine publication and do live performances too. You should get yourself on YouTube also.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after approval from blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.