Rosemary Nissen-Wade: Aussie poet and teacher of metaphysics – a personal view
My bestie nicknamed me SnakyPoet on her blog, and I liked it. (It began as
'the poet of the serpentine Northern Rivers' and became more and more abbreviated.)
If your comment doesn't immediately appear: Please note, I've been forced to moderate comments to discourage spam. As I live Down Under in the Southern Hemisphere, those of you Up Top might have to wait a while to see your comments appear. I may well be asleep when you read and post. Don't panic, nothing's gone wrong and you don't need to do anything – just wait. ______________________________________________________________

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Sum up Your Day in the Form of a Haiku

This is a game from a networking site.

Ten days ago (15/7/09) I wrote:

still in warm nightwear
should be transcribing Minutes
it's too cold for work

I've decided to do more of these – every day would be a bit much, but sometimes. They're more like senryu than haiku, and maybe not much like either, but I like the summing up aspect and I think they fit better here than in my haiku blog.

Today's effort is:

wrestle computer
eat, walk, shop, talk to husband,
wrestle computer

(it's old and it's slow
and being that way myself
too much frustration)

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea. I have been having a poetry lull recently, both the writing and the reading of. I'm not really sure why but I'm going with it for the time being since it doesn't seem to be stopping me from writing or reading in other mediums!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It happens. I think it's probably a built-in safety mechanism to stop us going stale on it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after approval from blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.