Rosemary Nissen-Wade: Aussie poet and teacher of metaphysics – a personal view
My bestie nicknamed me SnakyPoet on her blog, and I liked it. (It began as
'the poet of the serpentine Northern Rivers' and became more and more abbreviated.)
If your comment doesn't immediately appear: Please note, I've been forced to moderate comments to discourage spam. As I live Down Under in the Southern Hemisphere, those of you Up Top might have to wait a while to see your comments appear. I may well be asleep when you read and post. Don't panic, nothing's gone wrong and you don't need to do anything – just wait. ______________________________________________________________

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Writer's Journal (exercise): Let’s Not Write

Let’s not write about truffles and steamers and old-fashioned farms
let’s not write about dreams and aspirations, adventures and alarms
let’s not write about anything much at all, 
but kick up our heels and run down the hall
out into the sunshine to shout and play
before the afternoon quite fades away.
Let’s not write, let’s not read, let’s not operate computers
let’s not even think about maidens and suitors,
let’s not write with pen and ink, let’s not write on paper in books,
let’s not keep pecking at the keys like a lot of old chooks,
let’s just abandon Aileen and Eddie, Cheryl and Helen and Marie. I’m ready
to skid across the floor and dash out the door
into the wide fresh air, so balmy and heady.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be visible after approval from blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.