Rosemary Nissen-Wade: Aussie poet and teacher of metaphysics – a personal view
My bestie nicknamed me SnakyPoet on her blog, and I liked it. (It began as
'the poet of the serpentine Northern Rivers' and became more and more abbreviated.)
If your comment doesn't immediately appear: Please note, I've been forced to moderate comments to discourage spam. As I live Down Under in the Southern Hemisphere, those of you Up Top might have to wait a while to see your comments appear. I may well be asleep when you read and post. Don't panic, nothing's gone wrong and you don't need to do anything – just wait. ______________________________________________________________

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

What Am I Reading?

(My response to this question, which was asked in one of my online communities):

I have far too many books! Sometimes I cull, but then more come in to replace the ones I discard. I have so many books piled up by my bedside that I had to buy some special shelves.


(It's an old TV cabinet really, all I could find second-hand, but it does the job. However I wouldn't want to try adding too many more books.)

I already had bookshelves galore all over the house, crammed. And now I am rapidly filling my Kobo e-reader and the Kindle app on my iPad.

I hate to give away old favourites in case I want to read them again some day – and indeed, this does happen. I have been known to buy new copies of books I regretted getting rid of.

What am I reading now? Circles on the Water, poems by Marge Piercy, published in 1982. I lent my copy, decades ago, to a woman who was dying. Her family threw all her books away after she died, without realising they didn’t all belong to her. I finally thought to look for it on Amazon, very recently, and my copy has now been delivered. To my surprise and delight it was available new, so that's what I got, but I would have taken it in any condition rather than continue without it.

On my iPad I am reading Triangles by David Reiter. He is an Aussie poet, but this book is short stories, and they are brilliant. I have also made a start on Akhenaten, a historical/spiritual book by my friend Karin Hannah. It is beautifully written. I have an excellently produced printed copy with her autograph, but prefer reading it as an ebook, for convenience. Much as I love books, I am one who has come to like the ebook experience better in many ways.

3 comments:

  1. Your collection, and your constant thoughts of books and now ebooks, I am inspired to go hunting for more and more ways to harbor myself lost in their treasures. I really enjoy your journal. I am a friend of reginaclairejane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my journal on livejournal is snowravn

      Delete
    2. Many thanks for your comment.

      Delete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after approval from blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.