Rosemary Nissen-Wade: Aussie poet and teacher of metaphysics – a personal view
My bestie nicknamed me SnakyPoet on her blog, and I liked it. (It began as
'the poet of the serpentine Northern Rivers' and became more and more abbreviated.)
If your comment doesn't immediately appear: Please note, I've been forced to moderate comments to discourage spam. As I live Down Under in the Southern Hemisphere, those of you Up Top might have to wait a while to see your comments appear. I may well be asleep when you read and post. Don't panic, nothing's gone wrong and you don't need to do anything – just wait. ______________________________________________________________

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Halfway through April Poem A Day – yet again

... and this is what I wrote about it today, in a comment at 'imaginary garden with real toads' whose prompts I have been using. (The garden closed at the end of 2019, but has re-opened just for April.)


O yes, I remember – it's mid-month, my Muse is flagging, everything I write seems to me both prosey and banal, I make vows that this is the very last time I'll do a poem a day in April.... And then I remember, too, that this happens every year!

If only I could remember how I have managed to get myself out of it in the past! I think it might have to do with keeping on writing, eventually writing myself out of it. Meanwhile I plod on, longing for the wings to unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be visible after approval from blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.