Rosemary Nissen-Wade: Aussie poet and teacher of metaphysics – a personal view
My bestie nicknamed me SnakyPoet on her blog, and I liked it. (It began as
'the poet of the serpentine Northern Rivers' and became more and more abbreviated.)
If your comment doesn't immediately appear: Please note, I've been forced to moderate comments to discourage spam. As I live Down Under in the Southern Hemisphere, those of you Up Top might have to wait a while to see your comments appear. I may well be asleep when you read and post. Don't panic, nothing's gone wrong and you don't need to do anything – just wait. ______________________________________________________________

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Four Things Meme

Thanks to Jenny Adamthwaite's From the Living Room blog for this one.

Four jobs I've held.
- baby sitter
- waitress
- shop assistant
- librarian

Four movies I've watched over and over again
- Empire of the Sun
- Sleepless in Seattle
- Four Weddings and a Funeral
- Gone with the Wind

Four places I've been
- King George Sound, north-west Australia
- Machu Picchu, Peru
- Enchanted Rock, Texas
- Uluru (Ayers Rock), central Australia

Four places I've lived
- Launceston, Tasmania until I was 15
- Merbein, near Mildura for two years. Couldn't wait to get out of the place!
- Melbourne (successively: Pascoe Vale, inner city, Carlton, Caulfield, Ripponlea, Armadale, Balaclava, North Brighton, Beaumaris, Elsternwick, Brighton.)
- under The Pinnacle, far northern NSW, in a place that didn't have a name. (Postal address was "via Tyalgum".)

Four TV shows I watch
- Dr Who
- Doc Martin
- Robin Hood
- MASH in its endless repeats, of which I never tire.

Four radio shows I listen to
- Australia All Over on Sunday mornings, on the car radio on the way to market ... or sometimes in bed on non-market days.
- Life Matters
- The Philosopher's Zone
- Poetica
(All on ABC – the national broadcaster – and none of them very often. I'm not much of a radio listener, and only hear them when Andrew turns them on. Would not remember without him. I never think of daytime TV, and never think of radio at all; I forget they exist.)

Four things I look forward to
- Checking Google Reader to find new postings from my favourite bloggers
- Swimming weather
- Payday
- Haiku on Friday

Four favourite foods
- Dark chocolate
- HOT curry
- Shellfish of all kinds
- Mangoes

Four places I'd rather be
I like it here, but for time away ...
- Austin, Texas
- Kerrville, Texas
- Machu Picchu
- Venice, Italy

Four people I email regularly
There is little regularity in my life! But four I email often:
- Andrew (even though he sits at his desk opposite me. We are always saying to each other: 'I just got/found this thing ... would you like me to send it to you?')
- BFF Helen
- Jennie Fraine
- Leah Kaminsky

I'm supposed to tag people to do it. Probably four, but will just say Jennie and Mikaela, and anyone else who feels like doing it – and let me know so I can have a look at your answers on your blog.

1 comment:

  1. Checking for blog posts is one of the things I look forward to as well. It's the modern day equivalent of getting post, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after approval from blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.