Rosemary Nissen-Wade: Aussie poet and teacher of metaphysics – a personal view
My bestie nicknamed me SnakyPoet on her blog, and I liked it. (It began as
'the poet of the serpentine Northern Rivers' and became more and more abbreviated.)
If your comment doesn't immediately appear: Please note, I've been forced to moderate comments to discourage spam. As I live Down Under in the Southern Hemisphere, those of you Up Top might have to wait a while to see your comments appear. I may well be asleep when you read and post. Don't panic, nothing's gone wrong and you don't need to do anything – just wait. ______________________________________________________________

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Fun for Poets!

The absolutely lovely John Hewitt over at PoeWar (Writer's Resource Centre) is all set to repeat his successful game from last year: 30 poems in 30 days as soon as we hit September. It was such lovely fun last time! He is very good at thinking up interesting and innovative prompts; no-one better.

Last September I found myself writing on topics and in styles that I hadn't expected, but which tapped into deep stuff I needed to say. And I made some great new friends! Also it was a lovely way to connect with certain old friends.

I do hope some of you will sign up this year. Please pass the word along!

P.S. I've just noticed that this year you need to go to "Write Poems with Me" (the second paragraph in the left-hand column of his home page, at present) and actually send your contact details to sign up – unlike last year when we all just lobbed in. Some people, it seems, wanted more privacy. I think that takes some of the fun out of it, but I'm willing to play along and see how it goes.

This is from an email just received from John:

"I'll be posting the assignments to the blog in the same way I did last year, but I am also hosting a private forum where people can post and discuss their poems in a more workshop format."

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the promo Rosemary. Much Appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really had the best time with it last year. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after approval from blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.