Rosemary Nissen-Wade: Aussie poet and teacher of metaphysics – a personal view
My bestie nicknamed me SnakyPoet on her blog, and I liked it. (It began as
'the poet of the serpentine Northern Rivers' and became more and more abbreviated.)
If your comment doesn't immediately appear: Please note, I've been forced to moderate comments to discourage spam. As I live Down Under in the Southern Hemisphere, those of you Up Top might have to wait a while to see your comments appear. I may well be asleep when you read and post. Don't panic, nothing's gone wrong and you don't need to do anything – just wait. ______________________________________________________________

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sad

"O golden child the world will kill and eat."

Saddened by the suicide of Nicholas Hughes, son of Sylvia Plath (who wrote those words).

Best (non-ghoulish) article here:

http://www.newsminer.com/news/2009/mar/2 3/nicholas-hughes-son-major-poets-emerge d-prominent-/

2 comments:

  1. Never knew of their son, I have read Freida's poems though. Sad to hear of anyone who chose this way out. It must be on your mind all the time knowing that your mother chose this for herself and left two small children behind. Hope all is well in your country...LL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I've read some of Frieda's poems too and liked them very much. She spent some time in Western Australia and I found her books when I was visiting there.

    Thanks, we seem to be having a gap between fires and floods just at present. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after approval from blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.