Rosemary Nissen-Wade: Aussie poet and teacher of metaphysics – a personal view
My bestie nicknamed me SnakyPoet on her blog, and I liked it. (It began as
'the poet of the serpentine Northern Rivers' and became more and more abbreviated.)
If your comment doesn't immediately appear: Please note, I've been forced to moderate comments to discourage spam. As I live Down Under in the Southern Hemisphere, those of you Up Top might have to wait a while to see your comments appear. I may well be asleep when you read and post. Don't panic, nothing's gone wrong and you don't need to do anything – just wait. ______________________________________________________________

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Writer's Journal: Points of note about yesterday

1) I wrote a memoir piece about the ending of my marriage to Bill. Later I realised that I wrote it on our wedding anniversary!

2) At the Life Writing group, I started to read my above-mentioned piece on the iPad then realised I'd saved the wrong version, the one from which I had not shaved 200 words to bring it to the length required.

'It's all right,' I said, 'I've got it on my blog.' This involved getting out and switching on my portable modem.

'Would you like to go on to the next person while I get myself set up?' I said.

'No, that's all right,' they assured me. 'We'll wait. We're not putting pressure on you.' They sat back and waited attentively, calm and smiling.

What a delicious relief! How relaxing! I am used to a writing group where time is at a premium, and some people have the concept of 'wasting' it if it is not utilised with great purpose and efficiency. Admittedly, that group is full of serious writers and includes critiquing of people's work, which the Life Writing group is not and does not. Even so — how relaxing! what delicious relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be visible after approval from blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.