Rosemary Nissen-Wade: Aussie poet and teacher of metaphysics – a personal view
My bestie nicknamed me SnakyPoet on her blog, and I liked it. (It began as
'the poet of the serpentine Northern Rivers' and became more and more abbreviated.)
If your comment doesn't immediately appear: Please note, I've been forced to moderate comments to discourage spam. As I live Down Under in the Southern Hemisphere, those of you Up Top might have to wait a while to see your comments appear. I may well be asleep when you read and post. Don't panic, nothing's gone wrong and you don't need to do anything – just wait. ______________________________________________________________

Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Not an Alky , Then

In the distant past there were times when I drank too much. Eventually I thought I might be in danger of becoming an alcoholic, so I stopped drinking at home and just had a couple of wines socially now and then.

 Recently, when I was Andrew's carer, I used to have a couple of small glasses a night to help with the stress. After he died, I didn't feel the need. Dealing with grief, not stress, the last thing I needed was a downer.

 But I felt the urge last night, brought home a bottle of soft, fruity red, and poured myself two small glasses in turn as I watched the telly. Today I wondered, 'Am I in danger of developing a dependence?' Nevertheless, tonight I looked for the glass I'd been using, so as to have a wine before dinner. Finally I found it, still sitting by my telly-watching chair, still half full. I must have forgotten all about finishing the second glass.

 I guess I'm not in too much danger yet.


Cross-posted from LiveJournal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be visible after approval from blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.