Rosemary Nissen-Wade: Aussie poet and teacher of metaphysics – a personal view
My bestie nicknamed me SnakyPoet on her blog, and I liked it. (It began as
'the poet of the serpentine Northern Rivers' and became more and more abbreviated.)
If your comment doesn't immediately appear: Please note, I've been forced to moderate comments to discourage spam. As I live Down Under in the Southern Hemisphere, those of you Up Top might have to wait a while to see your comments appear. I may well be asleep when you read and post. Don't panic, nothing's gone wrong and you don't need to do anything – just wait. ______________________________________________________________

Friday, June 17, 2022

A huge disappointment

 

Poems of Earth and Spirit: 70 Poems and 40 Practices to Deepen Your Connection With NaturePoems of Earth and Spirit: 70 Poems and 40 Practices to Deepen Your Connection With Nature by Kai Siedenburg
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

What a huge disappointment!

The title makes this book sound wonderful for those who love poetry, nature, and meditative practices. The well-written introduction, detailing the way the author arrived at creating and sharing these poems, is equally enticing.

Unfortunately, the poems are pathetic! They are homilies in chopped-up-prose, and banal at that. Giving this book one star (for the introduction) comes close to over-rating it.

I hastened to remove this book from my Kindle and nearly deleted it without reviewing. But maybe potential readers should be warned.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

Comments are moderated and will be visible after approval from blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.